Today's big event was going to the grocery store for some much needed food. Mac was a great sport as usual and a great lover to all the patrons of the grocery store! I was standing at the deli tasting the difference between baby swiss and regular swiss and Mac kept trying to play with various items in the cart. I gave him the paper that my cheese slices were sitting on at one point because it crackled a bit. At first he didn't care for it, but he must have gotten a little bit of a taste of the swiss because Once I reached the checkout line, he was taking bites out of the paper!
Mac decided a fun game to play last night was take all mommy's computer disks out of the trash can and spread them all over the floor. It's a nice colorful assortment of disks so I've just left them there for now. Kind of artsy and nice to look at when i'm trying to think of funny things Mac has done! Which reminds me, I was trying to think of something he did this morning when I first started this, and I can't seem to remember what it was. As Tia likes to say, "It's because he's sucked all your brain cells out while nursing!" Tia by the way has just returned home from her trip a couple nights ago and told me today she has a garden that is now 5ft tall!
Oh, I think I remember now what it was Mac did...or it could very well be a new thing he did. Honestly, I can't remember!!! Anyway, Earlier he was trying to get past the highchair (is that one word or two?) and was frustrated because he couldn't figure out how to do it. The highchair (I still think it's one word but it's probably two) is right next to my dining table which had one of it's chairs pulled in and the chair was next to the leg of the table. So needless to say, Mac had a lot of obstacles to get through. Anyway, I looked over (because I heard the whining had stopped) and Mac had stood up and proceeded to walk/cruise over the highchair part that was sticking out while holding onto the table (which is about another 5-6 inches above his head) with one hand! What was all this for you might be thinking? He wanted to get at one of my highlighters that he was playing with but dropped to far from his original position! Currently, he is playing with a roll of heavy duty duct tape. Who needs toys when you've got highlighters, rolls of painters tape and duct tape, clear plastic cups, keys, pitcher lids, computer disks, etc!!!
So here's some not so hot news that I can actually comment on...As some of you know who is reading this, I've had not one, but two surgeries on my right knee in the past. One was in 1995 and the other in 2000. Both arthroscopic but I was told the next time, if there were to be one, it'd have to be reconstructive surgery!! Well, the reason I am writing about this is...the past couple of days, yes, you guessed it, my right knee has been bothering me. And yes, in precisely the exact same spot it had before both surgeries. Bummer. At this point it's only a spurt of sharp shooting pains here and there but I imagine it'll get worse as usual. I don't even think my medical coverage will cover it because it's a pre-existing condition. I'm not thinking drastic measures at this point, but I have to think about medical costs because of my current situation. So, hopefully it's just a fluke and it will go away with time. Here's to hoping!
No comments:
Post a Comment