Monday, July 10, 2006

Monster Mac

So i'm checking email this morning and Mac crawls out of the bedroom like he's going to the living room. Next I hear the bathroom door handle rattle, I think ok...Mac musta bonked the door with his head or something. Next thing I know I hear whining like he's trying to find me but can't. So I think that's odd, the bathroom door should be closed so little boys can't gain access but I get up anyway to investigate. I open the bathroom door slowly and peer around the back, and notice a certain little monkey managed to lock himself into the bathroom! Well, not really lock, but since he's only like 2 feet 2 inches tall or so, he obviously can't reach any door handles! I was pretty impressed at the fact that he locked himself in the bathroom!! Needless to say, he was pretty happy to see me (even if he'd only been in there maybe a minute or so til he realized he was stuck) and I corraled him out of the bathroom and shut the door.
Later today monkey-doo cruised a couple of his stand up toys like it was no big feat. I mean, they're like maybe 3-4 feet long total...and it was just no big deal! He was just walkin' along like he was holding hands with his first crush! I swear, he just keeps transforming over night! One day (usually the day before), he can't even cruise my leg, and the next? He's walkin his way around the whole house!!
Another Mac moment, I swear it happened...I was again checking email (I'm a compulsive Freecycler) and Mac was winding down for the day but still not yet whiney. He balanced himself between me and the chair, the filing cabinet, the laundry basket and one of the legs to my make-shift desk a very kind Auntie made for me, and then took a small step with his right foot. I kid you not, it happened!!! I think the monster is going to be walking soon...no doubt!
I put in a wanted ad through freecycle for a blender and/or food processor so I can make real baby food for Mac and other things as well and got a response from a very nice lady who had not only a food processor and blender, but an all in one blender, mixer, food processor and with an attachment for ice cream makin'! Talk about a bargain! All for free! Can you see why now I am addicted to Freecycling? (by the way there's just about a freecycle group for everyone! Go to www.freecycle.org to see!!!)
Well, aside from things I can't discuss at this time (they are positive, no worries), I am doing great! My Mac is so sweet and cute...and I just enjoy every moment of every minute of every day with him!
One more thing...I entered Mac in a "Baby You're A Star" contest through evenflo. The grand prize winner (baby that is) wins a $10,000 college scholarship. So to all you folks out there reading this...I will be emailing you when it's time to go vote. you MUST vote once a day every day between Aug. 01 and Aug. 16. Got it? It may not be the greatest pic of Mac, but I think he looks cute enough!
Alright, stay tuned for more news as it breaks in Adventures in Mik & Mac Land!!!

No comments: