Tuesday, July 11, 2006

shadows

So, at 2102, (9:02pm), Mac finally fell asleep. He was almost asleep 15 minutes prior to that but popped off the breast, rolled over, and happened to notice that there was a black area on the wall that seemed to do everything his little leg was doing. So, what'd he do? he rolled over again, suckled about two to three times, and suddenly popped off again, rolled back over toward the wall touched the wall with his fingers trying to touch whatever this black thing was that kept showing up on the wall imitating his every move! Well, this process continued for several minutes; suckle, sudden pop off, touch. It seemed as though he thought that if he suddenly popped off he'd suprise whatever it was and he'd be able to figure out what his shadow really was! After about ten cycxles of this process I got annoyed (even though it was very cute) and got up and turned the light in the hallway off. Thinking that'd be a sure shot in him getting to sleep faster, I get back into bed, reposition him to the other breast and try again. Well, boy was I in for it. Yet again, Mac was suckle, sudden pop off, kick, or squirm or whatever he could do to avoid sleep. I swear he was messing with me...he'd be just about asleep...eyes closed, no movement, no kicking the bed, no rubbing his eyes, limbs going limp, and..........POP, roll over! Great. Here we go again...limbs weakening, eyes closing, no more kicking...POP, roll over! Now these aren't the normal pop off's either...since he's now half asleep practically, he's less aware and more lazy about it with his jaw...Remember, he's got three new razor sharp baby teeth and one more on the way...OUCH! Finally, it's nearly 2100 hrs (9:00pm) and he's not moved for a few minutes. I think he's good and asleep. I can work on getting free and get--POP, roll over!! Ugh, ow. I wait for him to roll back and hope maybe, just maybe this will be the last time I have to endure this...and lo and behold, he's fallen asleep...really!!! That's perfect! I don't have to worry about trying to disengage myself from his vacuum, I can just slowly get up, check email, bring the computer to the other room and write in my....he rolls over. I look back...phew! He's still asleep...as I was saying, bring my computer to the living room to write my wonderful story of Mac's first experience with shadows!
One more thing...remember that Mac story I was going to write about earlier today but kept forgetting? I finally remembered it! Mac got the priviledge of taking his early morning nap in my arms this morning. It doesn't happen very much anymore because I'm trying to get him used to napping in the bed versus on me. Anyway, it was totally cute! He woke up laughing...really. He smiled, a big smile and began laughing...then he was awake! I didn't have to deal with the sleepy blues!

No comments: