Monday, September 18, 2006

Monk Dilly or...

Monk Dilly-O...Those are my latest nicknames for the Mac attack. Don't ask...I have no clue how those came about. Anyway, we made a trip to the doc's today because Monk Dilly had one hell of a frightening coughing fit mid-mornin. He was literally choking on his own mucous and stuff. Finally after what seemed like forever (I estimate it at about 30 seconds or so) I got him to breathe regularly again and gave him some water, called the doc and said forget the message for the nurse to call me back...can I come in within the hour? The receptionist said 11am (it was 10am-ish when I had called) and so I sadly had to leave my statistics homework (weird huh!?!) for the car and a trip to the doc's office. But, I also was happy to go because I wanted to know if mac was going to live! I know, I know, a little drastic...but that coughing fit really freaked me out! Mac's ears and lungs were clear and everything was good...got some instructions on what to do with Mac and the mucous backup and we were on our way to Target. At Target we returned a rug that Mac got as a gift (I had ordered the same thing not knowing it was coming as a gift and I returned the one I had ordered) so we got a gift card in exchange and then bought a buy one get one free humidifier (2!!) for $30. I also bought Mac the new baby einstein flick called Baby Neighborhood Places. It's very cute as usual and already has made Mac laugh. We were also able to pick up a few items of clothing that were no more than $1.74 each!!! From there it was onto the bank and then the post office and then home. Back to my statistics homework which is due tonight...Don't worry, I finished it and got it all scanned and turned in by 7:15pm. It's 12 pages!! Needless to say, we had a busy day with unexpected adventures as usual and now Mac is asleep and I have a few hours to veg and relax!

No comments: