well, mr. macky, being the active lil pip as he is, was on the floor of the kitchen last night on his stomach. this is what i believe follows...i was cooking dinner and wasn't really watching his every move but, i think he tried to get up from the floor, and had one hand making contact with the floor and the other made contact with a CD-rom that he likes to play with. Well, what I believe happened was the disc slipped on the linolium floor, and mac attack's bottom left tooth scraped his top lip with an end result in a small puncture wound with a little blood for show. He fell down again, of course, and immediately began to cry. So, i picked him up and thought at first he had injured his arm or head and then something told me to check his tooth. Sure enough, there was blood on his left big tooth. I got some paper towel and wet it down, and he knew what was coming. Even though he was in pain, he was excited to suck on that wet paper towel! So much so, that I had to let him suck on four wet paper towels! After the first towel though i saw that it was in fact his upper lip that was damaged and not his tooth. Soon after his poor little lip grew to twice it's original size! Upon going to bed, I gave mr. mac a little bit of tylenol to help with the pain of his first fat lip and he slept just find until....3:00am. Seems as though on occasion he has a tendency to wake up at around this time, and remain awake anywhere from 1-2 hours. I've been rather tired lately (there's a lot of things in my life at the moment that have some anticipation involved with them and the anticipation of it all is exhausting) so a 3:00am reality check from a nice sleep to pounce, slap, and bang on my head and stomach is not my idea of a good time! Eventually, i think about 45min later, mac finally decided it was a good time to return to dreamland.
i have been slowly collecting items for mac's 1st birthday party coming up soon! the theme, (if your clever you might be able to guess it correctly) is Baby Einstein. I got big ideas and plans set for my mac on that day. I feel like because I was too aloof around the time of his birth to get him newborn portraits or to send out birth announcements, I want to make his 1st birthday very, very special! So, I am going all out for it! A few cute suprizes, a great BBQ that uncle and auntie next door have agreed to host and cook (provided i buy all the food), and great people to help celebrate the day! Nino is going to come a couple hours early to help me set up for the party. Essentially, she gets the easy job of hangin out with the bub while i set up the party. In effect, both of us get the best jobs! I get a break and she gets to be with her next best boy! I am totally excited for his 1st birthday!
I received my textbooks for this upcoming (in two days) start of the semester!! Yes, my birthday present from school is first day of classes!! I don't mind though, i've been looking forward to classes starting again, all summer long! I will admit, i am afraid of my statistics course, but i know if i stay on top of it, and remain in close contact with my instructor, that i will pass the course. Plus, i have too if i want to graduate! My new projected date of graduation is spring '08. I think that's a better time anyway...bigger graduation and when i move to the upper midwest, i won't be threatened by blizzards!
those two really important things in my life are starting to wind down now. Still, there is anticipation, but not like there was just a few days ago! I will go into detail another time.
that's about it. I'm sure you'll be hearing from me when i begin that dreaded, but in some ways excitement of the challenge statistics course! plus, in two days at 10:36am i turn the big 2 8!
No comments:
Post a Comment