Thursday, July 05, 2007

Pics of the 4th

Mac's first boat ride and swim in a lake with a life jacket! He didn't like it at first, but once he saw everyone else, especially Gracie, having so much fun, he quickly warmed up to it and allowed himself to float and be silly in the lake! Here are the pics of yesterday...up until just prior to the BBQ! We had a lot of fun and would love to go back out on the lake with everyone again!!
Mac, getting used to his very own life jacket!

Auntie Dunk getting her camera ready!



Mac & Mama


The boat is a lot bigger than it appears to be from the outside!


Alex & Grandma Lynn hanging out at the front of the boat!

Captain, Grandpa Rick!


Mac, exploring the boat (and climbing all around)!


Mac mid-blink & Uncle Daddy


Grandpa Rick at the helm!





Some views from the boat.

Auntie Dawn & Uncle Scott in Ethan's boat.


Auntie Dawn & Uncle Scott getting ready to swim!


The three older kids, Alex, Gracie, and Ethan, hanging out in the dingy.

Gracie in the dingy.


Grandma Lynn & Mac in the dingy.


Mac watching his goofy cousin, Alex, flail himself around in the water and screaming at the top of his lungs!



Floating beside one another



Mac's gettin ready to leap out (he didn't really, no worries)!

I thought it would be fun to take pics of Mac and everyone from water level. It was a bit nerve wracking as I really didn't want to drop the camera in the water, but I managed to get some great pics!












Auntie Dunk didn't swim but was a big help with Mac after he got too cold to be in the water anymore!




Mac began to get all tuckered out in the water and soon as he knew Mama was safe on the boat, he quickly allowed himself to drift off into dreamland in my lap. It was rather peaceful with the soft swaying of the boat and the pitter patter of the rain! I wish I could have fallen asleep too!





The clouds were absolutely beautiful when the storm was rolling in. I may have taken too many pictures of the clouds, but I was also limited as to what I could take because I was sitting in the cabin of the boat, with Mac asleep on my lap!

In any case, I got some great shots (with Auntie's help) of the before, nearly during, and after pics of the storm!















Here it is, after we got back on land, the storm passed over and the sun was shining only on the boats it seemed...these are by far my favorite photos of the storm & lake. Just gorgeous!!





That just looks so peaceful!







Time to play outside in the yard before dinner and Gracie's party! I seem to have forgotten to take pics after that!

Well, I hope everyone enjoyed the pics! I think I made a wise decision not to do fireworks last night. Mac and I were both tuckered out and went to bed soon after we arrived home. We had a wonderful time and I hope we can do it again...just on a regular day! I have Coley again today and Mac has been doing pretty good with him. Still beats him up occasionally, but he has gotten much better!
Have a great weekend coming up!






No comments: