Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Feliz Ano Nuevo!

Happy New Year! Wow, I can't believe it's 2008 already...! What a crazy year...I can't say I'd made all the right choices last year. In fact, when does anyone ever make all the right choices? Especially in one year. Sometimes we are driven to follow our minds and sometimes our hearts...and other times, we have no idea what the driving forces are that lead us down a certain path. We think it is the best path for us, or, one that could be most beneficial in the long run, only to find out later that perhaps it was the wrong choice for us; the wrong path to take. I've had many experiences like that throughout my adult years. I believe it's those experiences that help shape us to whom we are today. Despite the difficulty or sadness felt when in the thick of it, if we truly intend to take a step back and examine the whole picture, we can learn so much about ourselves, our feelings and driving forces, our pain and needs, and what we can do to change or alter our future like decisions. I am not proud of some of the choices I made last year, but without them, I would not be the person I am today. It is with these experiences that I thank those who were involved, for their involvement. I truly believe that everything happens for a reason. Whether or not I like, love, or dislike those that have entered my life in 2007, I will always be grateful to their presence, for they helped to guide and shape the person I am today, on this first day of the year, 2008!

No comments: