Wednesday, December 13, 2006

R.I.P. Neon

my car just died tonight. Luckily though, I made it home from work before it decided it didn't want to run anymore. I pulled into the alley to see if there was any parking in back. There was but I had to pull it in backwards. I went to put the car in reverse and noticed it had died on me. The oil light had come on when I had turned into the alley but I didn't think anything of it because it happens a lot and normally I'd just put more oil in the car. This time however would be different! I put the car in park, turned it back on, drove up the alley to go around to the front, and it died again while i was driving. I only made it up the alley about 50ft before it died again! I had already made an appointment to take my car in to the mechanic in the morning to get the rear brakes replaced. My car is going to be there ahead of schedule. For those of you who don't know, my car's shifter broke when we went to put it on the car carrier before the big move. I've been pushing a pin down to get the thing into gear since. Well, the other day, I took it in to the mechanic here to get an estimate on how much it would cost to replace the shifter and it was expensive, but I was willing to pay for it. I got home and while trying to get my key out of the ignition, I broke the cable I had to pull to get the key out so I just decided not to fix the shifter after all because I knew having to fix both the shifter and the cable would be too much. The car's engine has been smoking for quite a while now (a couple years) and the transmission was going as well....so there really is no point in putting money into that vehicle if i can help it. So anyway, AAA is on their way to tow my car to the mechanic and I have a feeling they are going to tell me i've finally driven it into the ground!! At least I made it home!!!!!



So, just to add, the tow truck has come and gone but when the driver went to put my car into neutral, the car barely even stayed on for a second. Over and over he'd turn it on and it'd go off. See, you have to have the car on in order to move the shifter, but in my case, you had to push the button and shift with your left hand, and push a tiny pin down and over with your right hand in order to get the car in gear. Anyway, the car won't stay on but we were able to get it into nuetral to put it on the truck. It should be at the mechanic's by now. Later this morning i'll be borrowing one of Ali & Rob's vehicles to get down to the mechanic and remove the rest of my belongings from my car.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWE.....RIP little Purple car! You've had that car for so long I think it's about time. I hope all is going well.
M