I had some excitement early this morning...well, not really excitement but I got to call the cops! That in and of itself was exciting for me! LOL Anyway, After I got home from picking up Mac, I put him to bed and went out about midnight to shovel the sidewalk and pathway so it didn't freeze overnight. I went out the back door and shoveled up the pathway and midway to the front I looked up and some guy was peeking around the corner. I assumed he was a resident and was wondering what the noise was at midnight. So, I kept shoveling and came around to the front and this guy (same guy who peeked) came out of the building. I asked him if he lived here and he said no, that he was trying to visit his friend but didn't even know her name. We chatted a little more, he told me he was an employee at the bagel shop next door and I could tell he was pretty drunk. Anyway, He finally left and about 10min later I finished shoveling and went in the front door and noticed The little window closest to the door knob had been broken. When I arrived home with Mac, it was intact and when I went in about 12:50am, it was broken. So, I suspect that guy who I was talking to had broken the window to gain access. I doubt anyone let him in because it's a small building and most of the other tenants were already in bed. So, because I am the one who sort of takes care of the building and property, I called the police to have them come out and file a report on the damage. Because I didn't see the guy break the window, they can't follow p with him...Anyway, the cops finally came by about 1:30am but had to leave shortly after to go to a burgluray in progress a couple blocks from my place. The cop said he was going to call me to give me the case number and get more info when they were done with the burglary. Unfortunately, neither case was related. So, the cop finally calls me at about 2:10am and I was able to get to bed shortly after. It's a good thing I don't have to work tonight! I called my landlord at 8am this morning (Mac decided that was a great time to get up for the day) and my landlord said he knows the folks at the bagel shop and would follow up with the manager regarding this kid that was here last night. I am not worried about my safety in case some of you are...I have non-lethal weapons in my home, lol, and in any case, it would be pretty tough for anyone to break into my apt. because the doors are very old, very heavy, and thick. So, once the cops left, I cleaned up the glass and put a piece of cardboard in the window to keep the remaining glass from falling into the building. As it turns out, most people don't even do those things when they have a broken window. Mike, my landlord, had the maintenence guy over here right away to fix the window which I thought was pretty impressive and he was grateful that I had cleaned it all up by the time he came to fix it. So, that was my excitement for the night/early morning! Because of my lack of sleep and Mac watingto get up early this morning, I decided I had a valid reason to make a trip to the coffee house to get my new favorite drink, a Ho Ho Mocha! Now to change the subject...I have finally been able to order my all-time favorite cookies! They are called Matt's Cookies and you can only purchase them in stores in Wisconsin, Illinois and St. Louis, MO. I grew up eating these cookies and they are by far, THE BEST store bought cookie I have ever eaten! They are soft and holy cow...the taste is incrediable. My favorite flavor is Chocolate Chip but I ordered some Oatmeal and Peanut Butter too because I forgot how those tasted! MMmmm just thinking about them makes me drool haha!! Anyway, I was finally able to order them online and I received them today after some finagling (sp?) with FedEx!
Friday, December 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment