Just another reason why I need to pay more attention to my intuition...
...we have been getting hit pretty hard with a lot of snow the past couple days, with the worst yet to come! This morning when Mac woke me up (wayyyy too early for me today) I was feeling just fine. I strapped Mac to my back and we headed to the drug store across the street to pick up some items and then headed into the coffee shop so I could get my pick-me-up for the day--I had a lot of things to accomplish today. Then it was off to the bagel shop next door where the manager and his employees have really gotten to know Mac and me (much to my objection, the manager gave me our order on the house!) and then upstairs we went to eat and tackle chores. About noon the weather really began to pick up...the blizzard was upon us. As I watched the snow fall in big fluffy clumps and the winds blow round and round, I began to feel somewhat sick to my stomach. As the day progressed and the snow got worse, so did that awful feeling in my tummy. At about 4pm I received a call from Auntie Dunk who said her drive home from work was awful and she thought it best I not go to work tonight. Our employer had already been sending out inclement weather notices and she said I wouldn't be in trouble if I decided to call off. I really didn't want to go to work anyway...I'd be responsible for their new car, I'd have to watch out for all the idiots who think they are God when driving on the road in a snow storm, and if something were to happen, what would Mac do? So, after consulting my work insider (Auntie Dunk), we both thought I'd better call off from work. I gave work a call and said I wouldn't be in due to the weather and asked if it would count for my allotted absences and luckily, our employer doesn't expect their employees to endanger their lives by driving to work in this weather! The absence is excused with the option to make it up. I will be making it up but anyway, back ot the whole point of this post...my stomach ache is gone. GONE!! I suppose my intuition was telling me something bad was going to happen should I try and go to work. I feel totally fine now and glad I do not have to work tonight!!
Thursday, March 01, 2007
Intuition
Posted by mere5oh at 16:41
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment