Saturday, February 14, 2009

So 3

Yesterday, I received a call while I was at work from Mac's daycare provider. Apparently, Mac seemed a little off and vomited when he went down for an nap at about 2pm. A little about Mac. When he hasn't had enough sleep, or when he wakes up on the wrong side of the bed, he can have very difficult days....as can the rest of us. Apparently, yesterday was one of those days where he felt he needed some extra attention from Addy. When he got sick however, Addy attributed his behavior to being sick with a stomach flue or something, even though he refused to sleep and wasn't very lethargic as if he were ill with stomach flu. I left work about 10min early and when I got to the house he seemed totally fine, like no illness was present. We had to head over the the Dunks house after Addy's to stay with Alex & Gracie until Dunkel Daddy arrived home. Finally, once we arrived at our house, I got the chance to ask Mac what had happened when he got sick. The following is the dialogue:

Mama: "Mac, did you throw up at Addy's house today?"

Mac: "yes."

Mama: "What made you throw up?"

Mac: "My finger did. This one!" *points his right index finger to show me which one*

Mama: "Your right finger did? How did it make you sick?"

Mac: *no answer*

Mama: "What did you do with your finger to make you throw up?"

Mac: "I put it in my mouth."

Mama: "Ohh. Did you stick it down your throat?"

Mac: "Yes."

Mama: "Can you show me how you did it?"

Mac: *proceeds to put it in his mouth*

Mama: "Ok honey. Thank you for showing me. Let's try not to do that again. OK? It's no fun to get sick and throw up."


I am not surprised he did this. I have seen him many times experiment with his throat and fingers and sticking his hand in his mouth, etc. Too cute!

No comments: