Sunday, August 05, 2007

Peanuts?

Mac: *whining*

Mama: "Tell me what you want Mac, try to use your words and tell me what you want, ok?"

Mac: *stopped whining but has the 'about to whine' look on his face*

Mama: "Do you want water?"

Mac: *in a sad mushy face like response* "Noo."

Mama: "Do you want apple sauce?"

Mac: "Noo."

Mama: "Do you want some peanuts?"

Mac: *seemingly revived from the question, answers with enthusiasm* "Yeah!! Peniss...!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mac and I had spaghetti with sauce and cooked spinach for dinner tonight. As usual, Mac got it all over himself. Afterward, I gave him a bath, and in his small collection of bath toys, he has a toy net that came with three plastic fishes that he can practice catching and counting, etc. So, he see's the net and yells out, "Tennis!!" Now, I write this story, not because he called a fishing net a tennis racket, but because I have NO IDEA where he learned that! As far as I know, Auntie Dunk and Uncle Daddy don't watch tennis or have taught him that so he must have learned it from Sesame Street or something! Needless to say, I am pretty amazed at him for how much his knowledge and vocabulary have grown!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love these little stories, Mik. And thanks for the kitchen pictures. It looks small but well organized and very nice.

Nanoo