Most of my stuff is in the new place. Well, most of the heavy stuff. All the furniture is...well, the furniture that I'd need help moving anyway! ?It is so nice to be in the new place now. Mac has his OWN ROOM!! And I will be able to sleep more peacefully now! It's going to be weird not having him in bed with me. I wonder if I am going to be waking up because I don't sense him kicking me or using my head as a trampoline.
We brought the pack N play over from Aunties house tonight because I haven't quite gotten the crib yet from Addy, Mac's daycare provider. I think Mac likes his room but is still a little weary...ya know, new surroundings. But, Uncle Daddy (he's not quite Daddy, obviously, but that's what Mac calls him, and he can't say Uncle, so it's now Uncle Daddy) told me of the bedtime routine and so I did it as much as I could with Mac, thinking oh, this'll never work, he's going to cry like crazy....and he didn't!!! I told him it was night night time and he went right down on his tummy, put a teddy under his arm, blanket over his legs, and he never made a peep!! I must have lucked out tonight with a tired boy or something. Or, maybe it was the dip in the hut tub just prior to night time. Who knows...I'm just ready to see how it works throughout the night and in the morning since he's so used to being plucked from bed in the middle of his deep sleep. Hopefully, it'll be a quiet night. Mama needs her sleep.
The outside noise isn't as loud either. We used to hear the buses all night long and the newspaper vendors filling their little machines; the people pumping fuel at all hours of the night at the gas station across the street.
Anyway, here's to a first night in the new place! And, Mac's first night sleeping by himself!!
Saturday, May 12, 2007
New home, part deux...
Posted by mere5oh at 21:46
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment